Cannot Use Already Implemented Chips

AriaBellaGato
The hardware simulator is not using any of my existing chips.

I wrote my HDL for Not, tested it, found that it worked, and then I tried to use it in my And file. The And file did not work, and would not work until I manually wrote it out exclusively using Nand gates.

Even once my And was implemented and tested, I was unable to use it in my Or gate, and once again wrote out the Or only using Nand gates.

Now I'm on Xor and just plain frustrated. What do I do?

Re: Cannot Use Already Implemented Chips

Stormtrooper2001
Hello for the hardware simulator to implement the chip u implemented the chip should be in the same folder as the new chip which uses this implementation.
The simulator already comes with some built-in implementations of chips too which u can use
if none of the above works check the spelling and capitalisation in the new chip which uses this implementation.
Please drop in the erroe shown if none of this works and ill look into it.
Hope this helps.

Re: Cannot Use Already Implemented Chips

Zorro
Hi,

what Stormtropper said is correct. But beside that you will find an interesting description in the documentation of Project 02. Chapter 2 There you'll find anything you need to know about own and builtin Chips. And much more, I highly recommend to download or print this document.HDL GUIDE