Error: A pin name is expected

mingxiao
This post was updated on .
So I'm running through the project/01 assignment.

I am editing the Not.hdl. When I try to open the file in the Hardware Simulator, I get the following error

.../projects/01/Not.hdl, Line 15, A pin name is expected

This is my Not.hdl file:

[Correct solution with syntax error deleted by moderator.]

I don't see what could be wrong with this file.

Re: Error: A pin name is expected

"a=1" is not legal HDL.  You need to use "true" and "false" for boolean constants.

Please edit your post to remove the otherwise correct solution.

Re: Error: A pin name is expected

mingxiao
Found the error.

Needed to use "true" instead of "1"