HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

Richard Philip
I'm trying to run the hardware simulator and I get the following error. Can someone help?

$: ~/Documents/programming/nand2tetris/tools$ sudo ~/Documents/programming/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh
sudo: /home/rpwitt/Documents/programming/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh: command not found

Re: HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

salmonberger
hi there,

Sorry I'm no help, but I have the same problem. Does anyone know how we run this program on Ubuntu?

Re: HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

Justin Singer
You shouldn't need to use sudo to run any of the tools, but you do need to set them to be executable using chmod. For example, from the command line while in the directory containing the hardware simulator:

chmod u+x ./HardwareSimulator.sh

Afterwards, still in the tools directory, you can simply:

./HardwareSimulator.sh

or, if you want to have it run in the background so you don't need to open a new terminal window:

./HardwareSimulator.sh &

Re: HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

@chris: "Sorry I'm no help, but I have the same problem."

Help us help you by telling us the exact command and exact error output you see.
Ben

Re: HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

Ben
Simply type sh before <tool>.sh file:

$ sh HardwareSimulator.sh

Re: HardwareSimulator.sh on Ubuntu 12.04

Mike
Solved the "problem". Works in Debian too.