OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Connor
According to Finder, HardwareSimulator.sh is located in: /Users/connor/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools

So, in my terminal I entered: /Users/connor/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh &

The terminal returns:

[2] 5000
Connor:tools connor$ -bash: /Users/connor/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh: Permission denied

[2]+  Exit 126                /Users/connor/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh

... and then no program runs

I'm no mac whiz, so thanks in advance if there is a very obvious fix :)

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

ybakos
Connor, copy and paste the following into Terminal:

chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/*.sh

This ensures that the simulator scripts are executable.

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Connor
Awesome! It works now. Thank you for your help :)

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

cdosborn
Thanks, worked for me also

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Jordan B
Hi, I am having this same problem but the command given (chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/*.sh) did not work. I am still getting...

This is the java version I am running. I have also tried the more recent JDK versions like 11 and 14.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jordan Berg

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Jordan B
Sorry, this was what the first image was supposed to be.

Thanks,
Jordan
Jay

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Jay
Hi,

First, chmod u+x ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/*.sh
Sec,  ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh

after that, it works.

Re: OSX "Permission Denied": HardwareSimulator.sh

Tompete
Thanks a lot