Software Improvements

Anon
I've started a Git project[1] with an aim to improving the source code for the software that comes with the book. If anybody is interested in helping, patches would be appreciated.

[1]: https://github.com/sjm/TECS

Re: Software Improvements

ybakos
Hi Simon,
I think that's great. I do have a fork of the more-or-less "official" repository on github, perhaps that would be a better starting point? I think what you're trying to do is great, but forking from something that's closer to the structure of the "official" project would increase the ease of merging in upstream changes.

What do you think?

(I'm ybakos on github if you want to take a look)

Re: Software Improvements

Simon
Thanks for the heads-up. The "official" code doesn't seem to have been updated since September last year so is there any chance of getting stuff merged? Although it would be nice to, one of the main reasons I decided to make my own repository was because I didn't like the way the original code was organised and the lack of any kind of build system.

Anyway, there don't seem to have been many commits so it shouldn't be too difficult to merge what changes have been made into my source tree manually.

Re: Software Improvements

kingpinzs
I downloaded the code from github and in the hardware simulator the script window was underneath everything else on the left after a bit of time I got that fixed so it works right.

Also I was wondering how hard would it be to add 32bit chips to the code?

Re: Software Improvements

rpc0618
link no longer works... is anyone still on this?

just curious. thx.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan