Unable to load chip

Alexei234
 This is probably silly, but can someone like, look at this and correct whatever it is that I did wrong? I keep getting an error message that I can't read all the way. I'm a fairly low-level computer person in that I haven't taken any classes or anything. So like, explain it so a stupid person could understand.

This is what I typed out, I was just trying to copy the one in Appendix A-

/** Checks if two 3-bit input buses are equal */
CHIP EQ3 {
        IN a[3], b[3]
        OUT out;  // True iff a=b
        PARTS:
        Xor(a=a[0],b=b[0],out =c0);
        Xor(a=a[1],b=b[1],out =c1);
        Xor(a=a[2],b=b[2],out =c2);
        Or(a=c0,b=c1,out=c01);
        Or(a=c01,b=c2,out=neq);
        Not(in=neq,out=out);
}

Whenever I try to load it, it gives me some red gibberish at the bottom that I'm pretty sure is the error message.

Re: Unable to load chip

gcheong
You are missing a semi-colon at the end of the line that specifies the inputs:

CHIP EQ3 {
        IN a[3], b[3]

Should be:

CHIP EQ3 {
        IN a[3], b[3];

Re: Unable to load chip

I have a similar problem in that I cannot see the ends of error messages because I've got my TECS stuff on a server so that I can work on it at home, or on the road using my laptop.

On Windows XP you can hover the mouse over the error message and a tooltip will pop up to show you the message is a smaller font that will hopefully fit on your screen.

In your case, the error message is "Line 4, ',' or ';' expected" which I bet would have told you what you needed to know.

[Perhaps future versions of the TECS tools could use "..." to shorten file paths in the status box so that the entire error message can be seen.]

--Mark