hardware simulator?

buster
Hi;

New to this site and book.
Maybe a dumb question, but I cannot get the hardware simulator
up and running. the web site says that it is in the 'tools'  directory of
 the software suite.
I downloaded the suite, but do not see a 'tools' directory.
I see 2 hardware simulator files, 1 a batch file the other with a .sh extension.
I'm running xp.

what am I missing here?
Thanks

Re: hardware simulator?

The .sh file is for Mac's and Linux; you want to run the .bat file.

The easiest way to do this is to find the HardwareSimulator.bat file with the Explorer and right-click-and-drag it to the desktop and choose "Create Shortcuts Here" from the popup menu.  Double-clicking on the shortcut should open a command window that runs the simulator.

As a refinement, you can edit the shortcut's properties so that it starts minimized so that you aren't annoyed by the command window always opening.  (I put the shortcuts for the TECS tools in a folder on my desktop to reduce clutter.)

Re: hardware simulator?

buster
Thanks, got it going!

Re: hardware simulator?

Pickler555
I've tried the short cut thing and all I get is a quick flash of a window and then nothing. :(

Re: hardware simulator?

Pickler555 wrote
I've tried the short cut thing and all I get is a quick flash of a window and then nothing. :(
See this post for instructions on how to see the error message.  Then post your error message and we can take a look at it.

Re: hardware simulator?

Pickler555
Got it now thanks.

Reinstalled Java and we are away. :)