how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

bready
This post was updated on .
I'm running ubuntu 12.04 and i download the software package but i can't run the hardwaresimulator.sh file.  It just opens up the text editor.  What am i doing wrong.

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

ybakos
You need to set the .sh files as "executable."

From a terminal console, you might do something like:

chmod u+x HardwareSimulator.sh

Or via the gui, right click the file, click "properties" and under "permissions" select the "executable" box.

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

bready
I tried both of those and it didn't seem to help.  I tried running it in terminal and it opened up and but  closed right after.  It also gave me the option to just run it but nothing happens when i did that.  Do you have any other ideas.

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

ybakos
"I tried running it in terminal and it opened up and but  closed right after."

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "tried running it in terminal?" Do you mean that you chmod'ed the .sh file and invoked it from the shell prompt?

What do you mean by "it opened up"? The terminal window? The simulator?

Lastly, is Java installed and is java.exe on your PATH?

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

Benoit
I assume Bready found an answer to his questions by now.. but for those who still wonder, type the below in the console:
sh HardwareSimulator.sh

(my computer runs Linux Mint 14).

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

kirti purohit

I am getting this error after running the command as such, can you please help me out?

Re: how to run the hardwaresimulator.sh file

snkind
Hi Is this post still valid and running
cant seem to make H/W simulator run on Windows 10
bready wrote